Re: [Fsfe-uk] pro certification

From: Tom Coady
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] pro certification
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 08:57:17 +0100

Tom Coady wrote:
> Can anyone tell me why the uk is missing, both here
> http://www.lpi.org/ and here http://www.lpi.org/c-jobs.html ?

Sorry - I guess I asked the wrong person(s). Asking the right one,
address@hidden brought this prompt and brilliant answer (which features
Birmingham quite prominently;) ):

Hi Tom,

Yes we have had some problem with entering the UK market with the
LPI certification and only recently have found friends and supporters
who will help us move forward.

As you know, LPI is a vendor neutral, non-profit organization dependent
on the Linux Community for assistance, support and ideas.

We have a group in Japan (LPI-Japan) and the USA (OSSI) and Germany
(LPI-German) and various others but have not been able to stir up a
presence in the UK.

LPI will for the first time attend the Linux World show in Birmingham
(September 2003) and the Linux user and developer show also in
Birmingham (June 2003).

Have a look at the LPI-News in the news section of the website for the
dates of the show in June;  http://news.lpi.org

If you attend either of these shows, please come and visit the LPI
booth.

We encourage you to join the mailing lists and participate in the
discussion and perhaps help out with ideas and support.
http://www.lpi.org/i-maillists.html

Let me know how we can move forward in the UK.

Your suggestions are appreciated.