Re: [Fsfe-uk] pro certification

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] pro certification
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 15:51:15 -0000

Tom Coady <address@hidden> wrote:
> Sorry - I guess I asked the wrong person(s). Asking the right one,

Yes, probably we're not the best.  Basically, how will the LPI certs
promote free software?  They are ethically agnostic, aren't they?

Conversely, a GNU certification, the Sair Linux and GNU one, has
existed for a while, but I couldn't get any current info on it by
asking them.  Does anyone here have contacts (or want to make
contacts) with Thomson Learning (?) and can find out more?

Should we be looking to these certifications for technical ability
and something else to provide professional certifications that cover
other important things like continuing professional development and
ethical practice?

Do certifications mean anything to people any more?

--
MJR   http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   IM: address@hidden
      This is my home web site.   This for Jabber Messaging.

How's my writing? Let me know via any of my contact details.