Re: [Fsfe-uk] Software patent tactics

From: Chris Lale
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Software patent tactics
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 21:29:50 +0100

I have now published a short article discussing the "technical effect" in the proposed EU directive on the patentability of computer-implemented inventions. It is illustrated with two examples - a film-music analogy and Dan Bricklin's views about patents linked to his computer-implemented invention of the spreadsheet.

http://coolscience.co.uk/free-software/software-patent-techeffect.html

Please feel free to use it when writing to MEPs etc.

Chris
|  ___   Chris Lale   <address@hidden>                  |
| | <_/  My PC runs Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (http://www.debian.org). |
| \      Robust, secure and free operating system + applications. |