gforge-devel

Re: [Gforge-devel] Role-Based Access Control

From: Tim Perdue
Subject: Re: [Gforge-devel] Role-Based Access Control
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:55:43 -0600

Ryan T. Sammartino wrote:

BTW... what problem does RBAC solve?  What would we gain?

It'd be nice to just flip one box to "Sr. Developer" or whatever, rather than having to mess with a whole bunch of HTML boxes for each user.

If you have to also define all the roles and settings, I'm not sure you save much effort in the end.

Tim