gforge-devel

Re: [Gforge-devel] Searching for tasks

From: Tim Perdue
Subject: Re: [Gforge-devel] Searching for tasks
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 07:49:54 -0600

Reinhard Spisser wrote:
I was also thinking about an Advanced Search page, where a user can
search on all tasks, bugs, forums.

Yes, feel free to create an "advanced search page". If we do that, I think we need to create some new objects, like:

common/pm/ProjectTaskSearch.class
common/tracker/ArtifactSearch.class

...and then use those common objects to shield the complexity away. If you want to get really fancy you could have those new objects subclass a common search object.

Right now, we are hard-coding SQL inside of the /search/index.php page, and that is pretty brittle, and does not give us SOAP access.

Tim