gforge-devel

Re: [Gforge-devel] User ratings

From: Tim Perdue
Subject: Re: [Gforge-devel] User ratings
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 07:24:36 -0600

Ryan T. Sammartino wrote:
Looking at cronjob/calculate_user_metrics.php hurts my brain.

Do we really need such a complicated rating system?

Would anyone be offended if user ratings were just the average
ratings applied to a user, weighted by the number of ratings received?

Then we could do away with this script, the "Peer Ratings Group" (or
whatever its called), and all the hackery therein.

I would mind. This gives a much better number than just averaging, because it's based on a circle of competence.

Tim