gforge-devel

Re: [Gforge-devel] address@hidden: patch]

From: Ryan T. Sammartino
Subject: Re: [Gforge-devel] address@hidden: patch]
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 18:07:34 -0800

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 04:25:41PM -0800, Ryan T. Sammartino wrote:

> My install at work uses pgsql 7.1.3 and it had some problems with my
> 20030109.sql... specifically, posting a news item resulted in a "More
> than one column returned" db error.  Has anyone else run into that?
> The patch belows fixes the problem, although I haven't tried it on 7.3
> yet (I imagine it will work).  Should I committ this patch or create a
> new 200301xx.sql file to fix the problem?

In fact a PERFORM in 7.3 needs to return one single datum too:

        /*
         * Check that the expression returned one single Datum
         */
        if (estate->eval_processed > 1)
                elog(ERROR, "query \"%s\" returned more than one row",
expr->query);
        if (estate->eval_tuptable->tupdesc->natts != 1)
                elog(ERROR, "query \"%s\" returned %d columns", expr->query,
                         estate->eval_tuptable->tupdesc->natts);

That's from pl_exec.c in 7.3.1, so I guess this fix is needed for all
versions.

I will commit a 20030122.sql with the fix as soon as I do some thorough
testing on it.

--
Ryan T. Sammartino
http://members.shaw.ca/ryants/