gforge-devel

[Gforge-devel] [ gforge-Patches-237 ] Unix user accounts and group upda

From: noreply
Subject: [Gforge-devel] [ gforge-Patches-237 ] Unix user accounts and group updating
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:11:50 -0600

You can respond by visiting:
http://gforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=106&aid=237&group_id=1

Category: Site Admin
Group: None

Initial Comment:
This script also written in php will select information
from the user_group table and set up accounts and group
updates for those users.  You must also run the other
script I uploaded in the patch called Group.php (do
that first).  However like Group.php make sure you copy
/etc/passwd to /etc/passwd.backup and /etc/shadow to
/etc/shadow.backup (and diff them to double check
everything).

./Group.php
./User.php

And your done except you need to copy the backup to the
real files if you are happy.

This script does the following
1)add users to /etc/passwd (uid is 1000 to the uid in
the users table, I do not update the table yet)
2)add users to /etc/shadow
3)create /home/username (I don't cp /etc/skel or
anything because I still have to learn what gforge wants)
4)add a primary group to /etc/group this is redhat
specific since every user gets his own group, so if you
don't want this, comment it out
5)then add users to the groups(projects they are part
of, projects are added running ./Group.php first)

Give me some comments,tips,advice.  All of these
scripts are in php.  I did write this out OO like at
first, but I didn't want to confuse people so I made
one script.  I still need to decide if I am going to
append Group.php to the top of this script so you dont
have to do anything except run one script.  But I need
to make 100% sure I dont screw up anyones files.

There is some error checking, but needs to be double
checked, also there is no cvs stuff here.  Until I fix
the group permissions in the cvs.php script and learn
how to set up cvs init in a custom shell (gforge
shell), I wont have it here.

enjoy