gforth

Re: [gforth] gforth borks in Windows: cannot open image file gforth.fi

From: Andrew Pennebaker
Subject: Re: [gforth] gforth borks in Windows: cannot open image file gforth.fi
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 00:08:13 -0400

Ok, some more on this:  I figured out why fixpath.fs didn't work: It expected
a gforth.fi to be present, which however is generated later...

I create a setup.exe from the snapshot, download from

http://bernd-paysan.de/gforth-0.7.9-20121007.exe

I removed all traces of gforth and used this new installer.

1. It still neglects to add gforth.exe to the Windows PATH environment variable.
2. The install scripts seem to work now.
3. But when I try to run hello.fs, I still get errors.

C:\>type hello.fs
#! /usr/bin/env gforth

.\" Hello World!\n"
bye

C:\>gforth hello.fs
"tty" option detected in CYGWIN environment variable.
CYGWIN=tty is no longer supported.  Please remove it from your
CYGWIN environment variable and use a terminal emulator like mintty,
xterm, or rxvt.

*OS command line*:-1: No such file or directory
>>>hello.fs<<<
Backtrace:
$FFBBC380 throw
$FFBBA68C required