gforth

Re: dumb TERM should not show status

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: dumb TERM should not show status
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 22:01:30 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 27. Juli 2022, 20:55:02 CEST schrieb Tomas Hlavaty:
> It looks like there are some terminals hardcoded already in ansi.fs.
> Would it be possible to "teach" gforth to -status on dumb terminal?

I suggest to do +status only on color-terminals (as defined in ansi.fs).

There are some possibilities to make Gforth work better with the dumb
terminal, e.g. by turning off command line editing end echoing (the dumb
terminal is not capable of being turned into character mode), but this is not
that high on the priority list.

--
Bernd Paysan
net2o id: kQusJzA;7*?t=uy@X}1GWr!+0qqp_Cn176t4(dQ*