[glob2-devel] Download submission for mac software

From: Martin Nyffenegger
Subject: [glob2-devel] Download submission for mac software
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 08:57:54 +0100

I past here the submission guidelines, we would have to meet if we want put glob2 in the downloading zone of the Apple.com website. I think we should do this as soon as glob2 goes final release, I'm willing to do the Mac OS files and installers to meet their demands (and which are anyway usual around here). It would be good to have a little MacOS X specific box in the glob2 website also.

What do you think ?
(Perhaps you would prefer not to follow these marketing strategies not to support money greedy compagnies which only have 1.5 percent of the market anyway...)

Martin N
------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------- Mac OS X Downloads features the coolest 3rd party software being developed for Mac OS X, Apple’s super-modern operating system that combines the power and stability of UNIX with the simplicity and elegance of the Macintosh.

Software regularly featured on Mac OS X Downloads best exhibits the following characteristics:

• Demonstrates a high degree of innovation, inventiveness or usefulness. • Offers unique features or functionality that enhance the user experience.
        •        Effectively and elegantly utilizes the aqua interface.
• Has a complete feature set (stable releases and demos are preferred to beta software).
 In addition, the following guidelines must be met:

        •        The software must be built for Mac OS X or Carbonized.
• You must provide at least one working link to download the software. • The software cannot violate any copyrights.or any distribution agreements. • The software must be in English, include adequate documentation and a Mac OS X specific supporting website. • You must have full rights and/or authorization from the author or manufacturer to submit the software. By submitting your software, you understand that your submission is subject to review. Apple reserves the right to omit, edit, or reject submissions.