Re: [glob2-devel] Download submission for mac software

From: nct
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Download submission for mac software
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 11:16:53 +0100 (CET)

> I past here the submission guidelines, we would have to meet  if we
> want put glob2 in the downloading zone of the Apple.com website. I
> think we should do this as soon as glob2 goes final release, I'm
> willing to do the Mac OS files and installers to meet their demands
> (and which are anyway usual around here).
> It would be good to have a little MacOS X specific box in the glob2
> website also.
>
> What do you think ?
> (Perhaps you would prefer not to follow these marketing strategies not
>  to support money greedy compagnies which only have 1.5 percent of the
>  market anyway...)

For me it is ok to put OS/plateforme specific informations as long as they
do not overtake everything else and are properly maintained. A box per
plateforme is perfect. At release time, I think we should have one
download page for each release with one box for each OS/plateforme with
proper information. For now, I think the best is to keep up to date the
InstallGuide http://www.ysagoon.com/twiki/bin/view/Glob2/InstallGuideEn.
We could easily make a clean webpage out of it at release time. Martin, I
suggest you do a OS X chapter in this page.
Have fun,