Re: [glob2-devel] Discussion moved from the forum

From: Eli
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Discussion moved from the forum
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 12:07:55 -0400

On Jul 5, 2005, at 11:29 AM, Andrew Sayers wrote:

<snippity snip> ...but not enough to woo enemy workers, etc.

Preferring nearby inns wouldn't really solve the problem as I see it. It would also add to the other problem.

I had a neat idea, though: Units who are busy are engrossed in their task and will usually prefer the closest available inn. On the other hand, units who are just lazing around with nothing to do won't care about what they're doing, and will usually just pick the in with the most fruit.

It would prevent you from being defeated so easily by just having all your workers convert, and prevent your attacks from being decimated by your warriors converting to the enemy. On the other hand, if your workers are just lazing about, your community is mismanaged and they start converting. It would also hinder the converters if they have tons of extra converted lazy units, who would be easier to convert back.

I'd like to see what happens
if a piece of fruit only cost you 5 points of armour, or if the loss of
armour was relative to experience level, or something.  It's not a
logically neat solution, but in practice I would expect it to even
things up in the situation you're talking about.

        - Andrew

It would hardly even up the things I'm talking about, since I am still on version 0.8.13 where fruit doesn't cost warriors any armor at all.

A level 2 tower, with 40 damage, deals 30 damage to an unhappy, 112-HP Warrior per hit, basically killing it in three hits. I see it's been changed though, so it would now kill a 250-HP warrior in 7 hits. Even if he's stuffed with fruit, it would still take 4 hits. I'd have to play to see what it's like in the newer version.