Re: [glob2-devel] My thoughts on the new gamplay for alpha 15

From: Kyle Lutze
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] My thoughts on the new gamplay for alpha 15
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:58:14 -0700

Gabriel Walt wrote:
Explorers fighting:
Change in defense towers:
Clearing:

I totally agree about your 2 first points!! This is a real gameplay problem
that must be tuned...

me too!
About clearing, i prefer the way it is now than your option. I had the same
problem, and i think it's a good thing that fighting against nature is hard
too... I solved it by blocking the resources with walls or buildings where
they grew too fast and built a few more hospitals.

Thanks for the tip.

To bring up a few more thoughts:

1. Not exactly game play, but I think it would be nice to have a feature of check boxes before the game as to what all is enabled. say, a checkbox for if fV will be enabled, if allies are allowed, game speed, if clearing will cause damage to health, etc.

2. recording! It would be awesome if you could record a game!

3. a button for taking screenshots

4. ability to modify key shortcuts

5. jackd support. Because I use a m-audio 1010LT card I have to use jackd and I don't get audio.

6. when using SDL, the game should force you to only be able to use 640x480 as even with an opteron 242, gig of ram, and 128mb nvidia graphics card it's horribly slow at 800x600 or higher and causes the game to lag for everybody.

There also seems to be a problem at higher resolutions where the game becomes really slow. It sucks horribly when this happens