Re: [glob2-devel] Inn maintenance bug

From: Andrew Sayers
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Inn maintenance bug
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 01:43:45 +0100

> this seams to be a serious bug and thanx for the tip. how about the
> following: buildings that need maintenance don't release globs when
> storage is full, but instead these extra-resources get lost. guess that
> would very well work for the inns and the swarm (perhaps some indicator
> of wheatwaste would help to find the optimum number of workers to
> assign). on the other hand, turrets are hard to maintain that way as
> they would then block workers even in peacefull times.

To carry this forward a fraction, you're suggesting that maintenance
should work like construction - the building keeps employing as many
workers as possible, until it fills up and fires them all?

Personally, I think it would be better the other way around -
construction should work like maintenance, and they should both work
right.  It always irritates me when 10 workers all scramble for the last
piece of stone to build a building.  I'm not sure how this is
implemented in the code, but if it works the way I expect (workers look
through a prioritised list of jobs), then when a worker is rejected from
one job, he should continue searching, starting from the next.

        - Andrew