Re: [glob2-devel] glob2 0.8.16 beta available for testing

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] glob2 0.8.16 beta available for testing
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 14:27:25 +0100

Hi,

> Mirrored here:
>       http://www.pileofstuff.org/globulation2/glob2_alpha16_i386.deb

Thanks

> The deb seems to work OK under Debian, but on startup complains that:
>       StringTable::load(data/texts.keys.txt) : keys must be in bracket. Key
> invalid

That was caused by a trailing \n at end of file, fixed but didn't make any
harm.

> Also, can I verify that it's compiled with -O2?

It is, how would you like to verify? I don't understand.

> What other changes are there in HEAD?  I seem to remember something
> about making a PNG of the gradients, for example.

Yes:
void Mapp::dumpGradient(Uint8 *gradient, const char *filename =
"gradient.dump.pgm");
write a gradient in a pgm (portable graymap) file, very usefull.

Nothing else that I can remember... which make me think we should really
improve our changelog policy, anything else that "changelog are boring.. I'll
remember my changes when writing release notes", which always leads to things
such as "many fixes" or "some feature improvements"! (as you can see, I
mostly tell this to myself) ;-)

> One change that would be great in 0.8.16 (but presumably isn't doable in
> the time available) would be to allow switching between fullscreen and
> windowed mode mid-game.

Well, that would be very difficult (even Quake does not do this without
restart): indeed with any HW accelerated stuff it would trash all caches,
forcing a lot of reload.

http://nct.ysagoon.com