Re: [glob2-devel] release .16 and .17

From: Andrew Sayers
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] release .16 and .17
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 20:04:00 +0000

On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 11:35:35AM -0800, Kyle Lutze wrote:
> I'm thinking we should finish up whatever bug fixes we're working on and
> put those into .16 since a LOT has changed so far that we should really
> put into a full release.

This is the plan, broadly speaking.  There's also AIHelper and the map
work.  We could do with a decent AI, so it's worth us waiting for that.
The argument about pointers and indices in maps is important in the
longer term, but if it becomes the thing that's holding up the next
release, I think we should just revert to the old version for now.

> As for .17, I think it should be the one where we fix all known bugs in
> CVS, include any rewrites done so far, code cleanup, etc and make that
> one become the official beta, what do you guys think on that? maybe
> actually make it 1.0 ? I'm guessing that one would be released in about
> 5 or 6 months after .16...

We're nowhere near that stage yet.  To get a bit philosophical about it,
0.8.17 will be the first step in optimising the codebase for bazaar mode
rather cathedral mode development.  Hopefully, it will lay the
groundwork for the future (doxygen documentation, unit testing, etc.)
but there'll be an awful lot to do after that.

        - Andrew