Re: [glob2-devel] general updating in CVS

From: Andrew Sayers
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] general updating in CVS
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 13:28:04 +0000

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 10:20:34AM +0100, St?phane Magnenat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >TODO file needs updating, and those links are wrong, you have to take
> >out the SID= part in the links. Also, please rewrite that into english :)
> >change the [no-spam] in the AUTHORS file to [at] and [dot]com instead of
> >.com, etc
>
> Should we put the TODO on the Wiki instead of on the source? I think
> that the roadmap concept is good because it show clearly the state of
> the project. So I suggest moving things from TODO in the CVS into
> roadmap on the Wiki.

I think we should use doxygen as a TODO file - it automatically
generates a TODO list when you put a "\todo" command in the code.
I think that roadmaps and things serve a different purpose, sketching
out the broad policy for where the game is going, rather than "make a
non-unix-specific version of this function" etc.

<snip>
> >please make metaserver work! I would love for it to be able to compile
> >since it hasn't been able to yet. What I really want to see happen is a
> >linking of metaservers, one on each continent, so if one fails we still
> >have backups to connect to, and they can be chosen in game.
>
> What is the problem? The last time I tried it was working perfectly!
> By the way, it's good to plan backups, and we have to keep them in mind,
> but as we are small, it's better to have a metaserver well integrated
> with the Wiki using a unified login than a 100% uptime.

As I understand it, Kyle's problem is with compiling the metaserver on
his machine.  If so, could you file a complete bug report, with logs of
the make process etc.?

As for linking metaservers, if it's not already in the codebase, it
sounds to me like a major change, which should go in the 1.1 branch.

        - Andrew