Re: [glob2-devel] general updating in CVS

From: Kyle Lutze
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] general updating in CVS
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 18:50:46 -0800

please make metaserver work! I would love for it to be able to compile since it hasn't been able to yet. What I really want to see happen is a linking of metaservers, one on each continent, so if one fails we still have backups to connect to, and they can be chosen in game.

What is the problem? The last time I tried it was working perfectly!
By the way, it's good to plan backups, and we have to keep them in mind, but as we are small, it's better to have a metaserver well integrated with the Wiki using a unified login than a 100% uptime.

As I understand it, Kyle's problem is with compiling the metaserver on
his machine.  If so, could you file a complete bug report, with logs of
the make process etc.?

As for linking metaservers, if it's not already in the codebase, it
sounds to me like a major change, which should go in the 1.1 branch.

        - Andrew
there is no bug report to file because there are no debug messages. it makes a binary, then runs, then when somebody tries to connect it segfaults.

log into my system, try it, you'll see

Kyle