Re: [glob2-devel] 0.8.16-RC3 (was RC2)

From: Andrew Sayers
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] 0.8.16-RC3 (was RC2)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 19:24:20 +0000

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 07:58:07PM +0100, St?phane Magnenat wrote:
> > I think that changing the filenames would just cause confusion, since
> > the .deb is still versioned "alpha16".  Stephane - is it possible to
> > make a little script that does all the installation things, as well as
> > putting the source code into a directory called "glob2-$version"?
>
> I'm not sure to understand, where do you want to put this script? On which
> computer, at which occasion?

You'd said that it was useful to keep the exact same filename so that
you could make quick up-to-date versions of the program.  How about
automating that by putting a script on kiki that does something like:

cp -a glob2 glob2-$version && \
make dist && \
etc.

That would make it easier to do all sorts of updates, and allow you to
change version labels more easily.

        - Andrew