Re: [glob2-devel] globulation2.org

From: Munteanu Alexandru
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] globulation2.org
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 22:04:54 +0100

On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 02:26:18PM -0800, Kyle Lutze wrote:
> I could really use a php programmer that also knows mysql. what I need
> to have happen is to make phpBB use the same type of data that mediawiki
> uses for the password column. phpBB currently uses md5, while mediawiki
> uses a 32byte blob. I don't know what's put into the blog though, but
> I'm guessing the md5 hashsum?

The blog is data stored in some binary format (I don't know exactly
how but you can be easily get data out of it with basic php_mysql
commands)
The mediawiki password is encrypted like this :
   md5(concat(user_id,'-'md5(plaintext_password)))

I have created 2 special pages for mediawiki which allows people to
post a comment and upload a file to different post pages and allows
some of them to modify and delete. I have created this for the wiki
hosted on my university. Now it's available only in french but you can
take a look here :
http://s6.ie2.u-psud.fr/mediawiki/index.php/Special:Visupost/
You won't see the edit and erase links because you don't have the
rights to.

If anyone thinks this could help, for easy uploading of maps or other
content, I will be glad to translate it to english and improve it.

Speaking of phpBB integration, I would love to help but I don't have
much time this week. I will have some time friday and saturday.

Cheers,

P.S: AppleBoy, sorry I was not online when I have promised, I was very busy

--
Munteanu Alexandru <io_alex_2002 @no_spam@ yahoo.fr>
(ion_bidon)