Re: [glob2-devel] 0.8.16-RC3 (was RC2)

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] 0.8.16-RC3 (was RC2)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 08:02:17 +0100

Andrew Sayers wrote:
On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 07:58:07PM +0100, St?phane Magnenat wrote:

I think that changing the filenames would just cause confusion, since
the .deb is still versioned "alpha16".  Stephane - is it possible to
make a little script that does all the installation things, as well as
putting the source code into a directory called "glob2-$version"?

I'm not sure to understand, where do you want to put this script? On which computer, at which occasion?

You'd said that it was useful to keep the exact same filename so that
you could make quick up-to-date versions of the program.  How about
automating that by putting a script on kiki that does something like:

cp -a glob2 glob2-$version && \
make dist && \
etc.

That would make it easier to do all sorts of updates, and allow you to
change version labels more easily.

Yes sure... just slightly inconvenient, fragemnt my disk ;-) ... anyway that's really a small minor detail :-)