Re: [glob2-devel] set of small todo things

From: Andrew Sayers
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] set of small todo things
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 08:32:59 +0000

On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 05:56:45PM -0800, Kyle Lutze wrote:
> IRC ping pong actually working (I believe andrew is working on this)

I'll try to work on this today, although if you've not heard anything
else from me by the end of the day, you should assume I've got caught up
with house-moving-related things.

> metaserver updated to encrypt passwords
>
> metaserver update along with .16 so when we update to .17 or later it
> won't let people running older version login, keeps those issues down

I disagree - 0.16 certainly shouldn't be allowed to play in a game with
0.17 players, but players should be allowed to upgrade at their own pace
- for example, if Glob2 is on a live CD somewhere, there's no sense in
breaking that.

> should we keep CVS users seperate from the stable users on YOG? possibly
> a seperate metaserver?

Separate how?  So they aren't visible to one another?  This strikes me
as an interesting idea for the future, but not a priority for 1.0.

        - Andrew