Re: [glob2-devel] 0.8.17, beta, web site

From: Andrew Sayers
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] 0.8.17, beta, web site
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 20:35:43 +0000

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 07:28:51AM -0800, Kyle Lutze wrote:
> ??? wrote:
> [snip]
> >- should we call this 0.8.17 (alpha 17) or 0.9.1 (beta 1)?
> >- should we use the new web site?
> alpha still, let's wait for the rewrite and then go to 1.0 :)
> and you can use the new website if you want

I've been working on the basis that the map rewrite was the first part
of a 1.1 branch that was under heavy development, whereas alpha16 was
being frozen and tested on the way to becoming 1.0.  If there are no
more major features that we plan to add to the current alpha branch
(like fixing markets or towers doing air damage), I think we should call
this beta1.  Otherwise, I think we should stick to calling it "alpha"
until we're ready to really freeze the feature set.

        - Andrew