[glob2-devel] [Fwd: Re: Your neural project]

From: Kyle Lutze
Subject: [glob2-devel] [Fwd: Re: Your neural project]
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:27:06 -0800

interesting?
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: Your neural project Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 01:15:05 +0100 At 16-10-2003 21:38 -0700, you wrote:

I find your project quite fascinating and would like to help
out in any way I could, but am not quite sure how I could.\
I've got the brains (started AP Calc), learned a bit of C++
and c, am in the process of learning Java, good at coding
webpages, and have a lot of experience with debugging and
have become very good at it even if I'm not too familiar
with the language. If there is anywhere where you think I
can help in the project please let me know as I would like
to be apart of this project that is fascinating and will

uncover new grounds in the world of AI!

Yes. And i gave you information and then? Are you still breathing

have a nice life,

ed

~Kyle

Hi Kyle,

How are you?

You didn't have to wait too long for a reply, did you? We
have maybe a time lag with your time zone -700, and sometimes I sleep.

This is a very strange project, but certainly, you are very
welcome. Let me start with this, all is new in this project. We don't
look at other neural nets. Knowledge of AI is here obsolete. I'm sorry
I have to tell you that. We do everything in another way. We think
bottom-up. Not top-down or better factual. We code in the same way
and not meeting mathematics, getting very fast neural nets and
coming further.

When you reply this email I like to ask you a few things.

The computer language is not so important we're using just C and that
for no one a problem.

I am Ed van der Meulen, short: Ed

I am a mathematician, but we don't use mathematics in this project,
it's just not possible, I've proved that.

I will tell you something more, and even about me.

First we make neural nets in a very different way. We have thought about
the computer language, the way we analyze and develop ands all goes now
in another way.

For the real demos and other product we work with C, not with Java, or
another possibility. Some have tried it, but they didn't succeed. However
we do try outs in all language, Perl, Ruby, PHP.

We have the time, so we don't need those other language. Developing is for us
combining the realty of the brain with the realty of the computer. So we
prefer the low language C that stands close to the computer.

Then we can work for nano technology and embedded systems as well. Java
needs the Java machine, we see that as a bad way. But surely Java is simple.
But I wouldn't do that.

We are so successful because these kind of thoughts. We don't use OO, we have
a better way we like much more.

All is just different and active members like that. And in this way we have
already reached a lot. The secrete is we do all with friendly emailing,
not using theories, no instead we trust our brain. Much nicer to do.

Many members like it, Developing combined with writing and correcting is
usual here. So it's a language project as well. I hope you will like that.

We're now working on the third demo, which we call Squid. The second demo
is stable and you can normally download it from sourceforge. Most open source
members use Linux or a BSD operation system, because the stability and far less
viruses. The demos don't work on MS windows.

We invest in the members. We invest in each other. And that is needed because
so much is new here.

I could now send you a long intro email. But I know many people have already
drowned in all those new things.

And therefore I give you now the url of an intro-course of the project.

This is important
We work in a way of building a tower. We have things that are given,
we try somewhat and then we make the ground floor. An early result but
users can play with it already and we get response and we get more ideas.
That's good. So we converse friendly on and using all our knowledge and our
thinking power we make a next floor. And so we are going on.

This is a special project. We use our brains for building in this way. For thinking
and analyzing, we use our brains. I am a mathematician but we don't use mathematics.
We work physically, we are interested in the results. And that makes a difference.
So yes, we need brains.

Essential is we are friendly emailing each other and so we stimulate each other. And
that's all. So we do all with friendly emailing each other about all things we like.
In this way we learn and do everything.

The current available modules are a nice source of examples of coding in C. But don't
look in them. That's really unhealthy. You wouldn't see the wood for the trees. And this
is very true.

By friendly conversing we make the demos always coming further than we planned before.
In this way we are building also the intro-course. The tower of the intro-course is neither
ready. The course has now an entrance page that I personally like. But members who like
to read books, want a more literary entrance. And some members who mainly want to code
want examples how we do that.

I will tell you some more.

We have chronicles each month. And I write the easy algorithms in those chronicles. I will
attach the latest chronicle with the a new algorithm. It's Chronicle 33. There are more useful old chronicles as well. Members can get them.

Out of those chronicle we will start with a FAQ list, also needed. There's enough to do here.

In the new modules you see those easy algorithms divided in algorithm steps. Play that please on paper, an input stream of numbers can fit in the cells or a new cell is taken into use. Just like our brain does. When you understand the algorithm steps you will soon understand de statements.

So starting with the easy algorithms, playing them on paper, then the algorithm steps, again playing it and then de code. So always the best way to understand these things is playing it on paper with an easy example.

When you look directly at the statements you will also drown easily. Due to the type of
coding we make we don't see the wood for the trees.

http://nnw.sourceforge.net/docs.php/intro

In the intro you can read that subscribing is necessary to get enough info. You can
only do it yourself.

1. The chronicle mailing lists and
2. the normal members mailing list.

Don't forget this.

The project has a huge spin off and about those findings I have now a world wide debate,
the postings for that debate you can reach via the intro-course. So their really enough
to do here.

The typical coding examples are still missing in the course. We code in C. There's a lot
to do in this open source project. I hope you will like the friendly emailing we do here.
This project runs on enthusiasm. It's not very important but knowledge is always nice.
However it's a typical learn project as well.

You can always ask all you want. There is already much info to read as well about this project.

But how do learn to swim? How did you learn to walk? By reading about it? Better is to feel the water and learning to swim in that water, and walking of course exercising in the reality. So you can read so much about this project. The real way to learn what this project means is to be active. And for that you haven't to have so much knowledge. No, but you need then your brains.

Members become really enthusiast, when they are active. The reason is simple, swimming
you learn in water not only looking at it. We start all in the same way, using all our
knowledge, but in another way than we are used to. We trust our brains, that's the
difference. Members are active in their free time so it must be better here than in
normal projects.

Ask always much. I will ask you much.

It's true you need to have some time for this project, and it's good to know the spin off
is enormous with very good thinks like protecting democracies, uniting scientists and a lot
more, so it's good also to show some commitment later. What do you think?

If you like languages, well you could call this project also a language project. Much goes
about languages here we have a special emailing list for it as well. The computer language is just C and the natural language is American English and you can see that I use now and then the Latin word order. Oh those Englishman why did you ever do that.

It's Saturday, time zone +200, The Netherlands.

It's here 11 degrees Celsius. The sky's covered with thin white clouds,
85 % humidity, 1027 mBar high pressure, wind 3 Beaufort West. Less road
accidents.

This is the Netherlands, 20 million inhabitant and the world power in the 17 century,
the seas, how'd that be possible.

Please Kyle, email me if you don't want to become a member, and else please
reply this email. And if you want to become a member, please feel yourself very
welcome,

Ed
--- End Message ---