[glob2-devel] Potential source of desyncronisation in network game with

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] Potential source of desyncronisation in network game with Ubuntu
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 11:26:57 +0100

Hi,

Ubuntu has patched glob2 and made some gameplay tuning by modyfing some armor
charateristics in data/building.txt !

http://people.ubuntu.com/~scott/patches/glob2/

It looks like they have backported part of 0.8.17 to 0.8.16 wit some other
changes.

I have not the time now to see into details now but I'm afraid that if they
have changed settings files and no version numbver that will surely lead to
desynchronisation in network game.

Does anyone talked with them or suggested them to patch 0.8.16 instad of going
to 0.8.17?

Thanks,

http://nct.ysagoon.com