Re: [glob2-devel] Random Map Generator Noy Producing Enough Resources

From: Nuage
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Random Map Generator Noy Producing Enough Resources
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 14:08:57 +0100

That's true, the ressources are badly placed, and I did not worked on it really.
Then it's a good idea to fix it.

The files are:
MapGenerationDescriptor.cpp
MapGenerationDescriptor.h
MapGenerator.cpp

The process is roughly like this:
1-create a random map, but only the ground: water, sand or grass.
2-find a place for each team
3-put a 9x9 square of each ressources near each team.

The current main method where the ressources are added is into MapGenerator.cpp,
line 778 now:
void Map::addRessourcesRandomMap(MapGenerationDescriptor &descriptor)

So what I would suggest is that you change this addRessourcesRandomMap() method
until you'r happy.

Have fun!

Nuage