Re: [glob2-devel] Building *Team::findNearestFood(Unit *unit)

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Building *Team::findNearestFood(Unit *unit)
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 15:05:32 -0800

> On the other hand, he's right that it's inconsistent with the
> documentation (which should be changed).  It's also technically
> inconsistent with the term "inn view", but no-one seems to be confused
> in practice, and the alternatives all seem at least as confusing.

The term inn view is used to describe two actions, and yes its a bad
name. One, it allows enemy units to be converted to your team based on
happiness levels. As a counter to that strategy, all of your inns are
"viewable" by your enemy. The two are loosly related, your supposed to
be able to convert enemy units be exposing them to your inns. I like
the behaviour where i am able to control the conversion better than
the conversion just happeneing whenever he can see one of my inns.

The docs should be updated, the term "Inn View" can be used to
describe exposing your inns to enemy units in an attempt to convert
them.