[glob2-devel] Simon's idea on gradiens

From: Nuage
Subject: [glob2-devel] Simon's idea on gradiens
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 20:02:58 +0100

Hello,

I did ran afew more tests on 256x256 maps. To get some measurable improvement, I
had to make some variations, but the code is more complex. At the end of the
e-mail you can see the result from the latest code, to the best way I found with
your idea. You can see a 2.5% improvement. That is a relative 8% improvement.

Now, the CVS is using the same code, but I put my working implementation of your
idea into comment. When you have a chance to get this code, please run some wide
tests to find out the fastest and cleanest way.

It's not that I don't want to add your idea now. But it increases the
complexitly of the code much, and maybe, another totaly different idea may
increase the speed more significalty.

So if you either find a simpler way, or a bit faster way, we'll definitively
take it. You got the idea ?

Nuage

before:
cpu usage graph: