[glob2-devel] GUI metaphore non-linear separation problem

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] GUI metaphore non-linear separation problem
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:34:02 +0100

Hi,

I hope you like this mail's title. I'm quite sure I could publish a paper out
of it. The most impressive thing is that it has a very precise and exact
meaning:
- During the game, checkboxes are yellow/braun circles when disabled, and get
an additional pink point when *enabled*. There is *no* mouse over highlight.
- In the main menu, text buttons have a yellow/braun rounded rectangle
background when disabled, and an additional pink rounded element when
*highlighted*.
=> there is a metaphore missmatch. Does the pink element means enabled or
highlighted? (here come the non-linearly separable property).
=> I have a problem if I want to make menu checkbox same as game checkbox.
=> I could change the highlight of the button, that looks the most reasonable
thing to do. But I couldn't find a nice one yet. So if you have any
suggestion/artwork, it is very welcome.

http://nct.ysagoon.com