[glob2-devel] help

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: [glob2-devel] help
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 15:44:38 +0100

hi guys

i got quite a long way with random map generation but would need some help from someone who is more into all this widget-stuff and maybe into map-generation, too. i'm afraid otherwise you would maybe like the maps but dislike all these new bugs i bring in by hacking things i don't understand. we said jan. 10th is feature freeze so i'm afraid i can't comit till then due to widget-stuff.

feel free to have a look at how far i got in my branch called randommapgeneration. i will try to keep it up to date but running. old random map s removed. mine is in its place. the gap was my try to have them both in (mainly for comparison) but is islands now. islands is not used. don't put too much grass as it will fail to create a map due to a check on min. distances of teams that i might have missunderstood.

now only water/sand/grass is due to my code. teams (with its grass around it) and ressources are adopted.

thanks for help and feedback

greetings, leo (giszmo)

p.s.: could someone please verify PerlinNoise.h/.cpp does not collide with any copyrights. i found it on the internet and believed what was written in its head. if there's a problem i will code my own scale-and-add noise.