[glob2-devel] Freeze concensus proposal, please read

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] Freeze concensus proposal, please read
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 18:13:17 +0100

Hi,

There is several different views in the community about freeze policy. We need
to remember that glob2 is a game and that the notion of bugfix and feature is
not as clear as it is, for instance, for a desktop.

I thus suggest multi-level freeze:

freeze level 1)
- No new unit
- No new building
- No new map elements
- No backend change (YOG/libgag/...)
- No important structure change (way of unit/building organisations)
* rest allowed

freeze level 2)
- No big gameplay change
* minor gameplay change, gameplay tuning still allowed
* gui/menu change still allowed

freeze level 3)
- No code change except bugfix
* time for translation/test package building

release !

I consider we are in freeze level 1. We will in some time move to freeze level
2, but everyone has to finish his own thing before (clean Nicowar, new random
maps, some improvements nuage would still like to do). Nevertheless this
should not last too long. If it does, the release manager (me, if no one
objects) will cut some feature or block some change. This would normally not
happen.

Do you accept this new plan? (no need to like it, I try to make a consensus
here, not everyone happy)

http://nct.ysagoon.com