Re: [glob2-devel] glob2 CVS snapshot compiled on win32

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] glob2 CVS snapshot compiled on win32
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:39:18 +0100

Hi Alex,

> You can call me Alex. Munteanu is the name (nom) and Alex my last
> name (prenom).

Sorry, it looked like my algorithm for name parsing was a bit too
simplistic ;-)

> > I just run the win32 binary for some seconds on my work computer and it
> > seems that ressource are now growing on win32. It would really be good
> > if people could test the win and lin version on YOG. If it works, that I
> > would suspect that non growing ressource are a Visual compiler problem
> > (which would be very strange). If it's the case, Minas, could you try to
> > compile latest CVS with visual and see if log/USERIncRessourceLog.txt is
> > not empty.
> >
> > With some luck, we'll be able to solve this win/lin problem soon :-)
>
> I could provide win32 binaries compiled with mingw. Do we really have
> to compile on VC for the releases ?

Of course not. If you provide win32 binaries compiled with mingw that's
perfectly ok for me. It's just also good if we have VC version sometimes
because using multiple compiler help us to hunt nasty bugs. But providing
regular win32 build is of course more important, so mingw-based release are
very welcome.

If you want to build win32 release, please take care not to include neither
the content of your log folder (as it can contain informations specific on
your computer) nor the preference.txt file (as it can contain informations
specific on your configuration).

> But it would be nice to find out the problem.

Yes, and your packages are very usefull for this, thanks :-)

http://nct.ysagoon.com