[glob2-devel] Holiday gift: Mac Globulation package

From: Dave Vasilevsky
Subject: [glob2-devel] Holiday gift: Mac Globulation package
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 23:46:47 -0500

Hi folks,

I just tried Globulation and I really think it's a great concept. The
game is beginning to look polished, and the new tutorial is especially
nice.

I noticed that you don't have a Mac OS X binary available, so as a
thank you to the developers I built one:
http://vasi.dyndns.org:3128/files/ports/Globulation-0.8.21.zip . It's
a self-contained application the way Mac apps are supposed to
be--users don't have to install any dependencies or DarwinPorts, just
download and double-click. It should run on Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later,
on both PowerPC and Intel Macs, though I've only been able to test on
10.4 PPC.

Unfortunately, I don't have the hosting capacity to serve the package
to hundreds or thousands of users, so I'd appreciate if you could put
it up on globulation2.org. Once we get some testing done, we can
spread the word to all the Mac software directories[1]--a whole bunch
more users couldn't hurt, right?

Cheers,
Dave

PS: I'll be without much net access from Dec 30 to Jan 10, so if I
don't reply for awhile just be patient.

1. Some useful sites to tell:
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/
http://versiontracker.com