Re: [glob2-devel] An idea on how to present glob2

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] An idea on how to present glob2
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 14:15:14 +0100

>> Let us (also) ask our community to do this.
>> We could implement url-overlay in our next release to make things
>> easier.  And put "make glob2 movie clip" into the game menu.
>
> I'm actually converting 20k images (> 20 G) of glob2 from bmp to png with url
> overlay using mogrify. Once done, I'll make a .ogg to put on wikimedia
> commons and a .mpeg to put on tyoutube. Hopefully it wil bring people...
>
> At current speed, just the conversion will take some more hours.. have a nice

Can you put a small howto on our website?
System requirements (estimated amount of free harddisk per minute of video,
"necessary" software), your script, what to do and how long it might take.

And a request to spread the resulting videos.

A quick and dirty howto would be a big benefit.
We can improve it later.  Maybe add personal experiences of users and
places where the videos are.

How about using bittorrent?  Put a tracker on one of our servers and
a video section with torrents on the website.