Re: [glob2-devel] Release

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Release
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:19:33 -0500

On 1/18/07, Kai Antweiler <address@hidden> wrote:
> It is very critical, however, that the new code is well documented.
> This is sort of a new rule, all new code must be well documented.

> We use doxygen. You can read up on doxygen on its website.

No, we should not enforce doxygen.
We can suggest to use it - but insisting on it would be wrong.
Our workforce is too small to put up additional obstacles.
It doesn't matter that doxygen is not difficult to use.
Most amateur programmers I know even shy away from version control
systems or Makefiles.

The normal "//"-comments in the code (even in broken english) must be
enough!

By the way:
I have never used doxygen.  Is it really favorable?
The only code documentation tool I ever used was cweb.
And I was very disappointed.