Re: [glob2-devel] Release naming changes proposal

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Release naming changes proposal
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 19:48:02 +0100

> Hi,
>
> I've the feeling that we are suffering from our current release naming
> scheme.
> The asymptotic approach of 1.0 probably has a depressing effect. So here is a
> suggestion (and it's only that, I'm interested in your opinions): why not
> switching to a single int release naming, and treating all release as stable
> ones?

You mean like glob2-1, glob2-2, glob2-3, ... ?
Ok.  That's mathematically and psychologically prettier.

In a way we have two integers, because of the 2 in glob2.
When we make a really big change we can go to glob3-1.

Shall we do this on our next release or wait until Bradley
finishes the network rewrite?
Let's do it on our next release!
>From a user point of view, a change in the graphics
(like optional tiles by fede) will make a bigger impression
then the network.
So this would be a good time to change the naming scheme.