Re: [glob2-devel] do we know tuxfamily.org?

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] do we know tuxfamily.org?
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 15:29:57 +0100

Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
Personnally I'm very happy of Kyle's service, which is good and IMHO suits our needs today. The only think that should be perhaps taken more seriously by the community, is backup. We should have some people getting dumps of wiki database on regular basis. Kyle, is there such dumps on your server ? Could I use my glob2 account to get copy of them.

Thanks for your nice service you give to the glob2 community,

Steph

As posted on irc i think as you do Steph. I appreciate every effort taken for
glob2. I only had some bad experience with people in community projects that
left these projects leaving a mess. that's why i try to have redundancy in
every place possible. i want to have no loss of data in what case so ever. and
best would be to have no downtime as these cost acceptance.

I offer my server as a backup either cron wget some backup.tar.gz or better
mirror the original server, maybe as a read-only system so we have
globulation2.org downtimes minimized to some houres it takes to propagate the
dns-entry. For the latter I'd need support as I even failed to get a mediawiki
running ;)

greetings, Leo Wandersleb