Re: [glob2-devel] A lot of small changes.

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] A lot of small changes.
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 12:48:35 +0200

> My fixes are definately a hack.

Yes, but we release soon.  So hacks are were welcome.
I want to really clean things up afterwards.

>  I added a param to change the signatures of said functions.
> Basically, it looks like someone was trying to be clever and use
> templates in a strange way.

I think it's more like implementing something that works quickly.
And templates are difficult.  I read about the "export" keyword,
but this might take years until it will be standard.

> My gentoo box had no problems with this
> way of using templates, I suggest you try using gcc 3.3.

I don't have much time to install this version, and I don't want
to do it anyway, because I'll have to look up how to do it without
removing my actual version.  I'm using gentoo, so gcc is part of
package managing.

Anyway I think glob2 is older than gcc 3.3 .  Might turn out that
something else caused the problems.

> If we just rename those troubled methods (I think this is how it was
> originally), we should be fine.  Let me know if you need a list of
> the 5 functions that are causing the problem.

I need a list.  And I need you to test my changes in cvs afterwards.
Bradley wants to release tomorrow.  So there is really not much time.
And I even don't know if I'll have time this evening to care about it.