Re: [glob2-devel] A lot of small changes.

From: Shawn Anderson
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] A lot of small changes.
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 07:46:23 -0700

I just want to make this clear:
I am not compiling with pedantic and seeing warnings.  On OS X and gcc 3.3 this brings my compiler to a screeching halt (read error).
Can anyone get gcc 3.3 and try it?  Maybe gcc 4.x and up support this, but 3.3 doesn't.

/Shawn

On 4/1/07, Cyrille Dunant <address@hidden> wrote:
On Monday 02 April 2007 06.40:37 Shawn Anderson wrote:
> My fixes are definately a hack.  I added a param to change the signatures
> of said functions.  Basically, it looks like someone was trying to be
> clever and use templates in a strange way.  My gentoo box had no problems
> with this way of using templates, I suggest you try using gcc 3.3.  If we
> just rename those troubled methods (I think this is how it was originally),
> we should be fine.  Let me know if you need a list of the 5 functions that
> are causing the problem.
>
> /Shawn

You should not compile with pedantic. It complains about perfectly valid code,
and you spend time fixing errors that are not errors.

Just drop the pedantic (and keep Wall)

CU

-- CFD