Re: [glob2-devel] Hello, I'm back, and lots of comments....

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Hello, I'm back, and lots of comments....
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 10:44:05 +0200

> Right, thats about all the comments I have for now. Please, please adopt SVN
> and Trac. It will work!!!

I think subversion would be a real big advantange (but by far not the best
choice).  We already can have subversion on savannah, but it is in beta
status.  And I don't trust nondistributed source code managemant system in
beta status.  When something goes wrong in distributed system every one still
got correct repositories.  With svn we're lost.
DevjaVu is beta too.  I don't know how long it will stay alive.
I trust Savannah much much more.  They just had serious disk issues, that
were solved in one week, without any annoyance.  (And a reason they haven't
offered lots of scms yet, is mainly security concern.  They try to implement
them in a way that it's hard to overtake all projects at once, once you've
hacked in.)

I'm very confident with our wiki.  Why should we dumb it, even if we would
start to use devjavu?

As I understand, we need cygwin or mingw to install glob2 on windows.
In this case we should use git, which is already available on savannah
as well and is distributed (so no risks of loosing something, and much
more advantages concidering merging, branching and convenience).
Also it has less dependency.
Beside being better than svn, it has the feature of one-to-one
convertability with mercurial and darcs supports (local) git
repositories.