Re: [glob2-devel] Hello, I'm back, and lots of comments....

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Hello, I'm back, and lots of comments....
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 00:28:58 +0200

svn is the same mess as cvs wrt to branching and merging. It is better on some
aspects such as better move support and changeset-based commit, but our
problem is not there : it is easily merging works done on different branches.
svn does not improve cvs mess wrt to this issue.

Also, loosing all cvs history (regardless of branches) is bad.

Furthermore, the real solution to code documentation (even design) is inside
code, using doxygen. Doxygen can generate additional pages with project-wide
documentation (not per file) that are fully integrate with the rest of the
code. You can see example here :
http://lsn.unige.ch/osqoop/devdoc/ProcessingPluginsCookbook.html

Have a nice day,

http://nct.ysagoon.com