Re: [glob2-devel] assert commented in alpha22

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] assert commented in alpha22
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 13:28:44 +0200

> Hi,
>
> I've been told thot the assert of ConfigFiles.h is commented in alpha22, This
> is very wrong! the bug appears because there is a *logical* errorsomewhere
> that triggers this impossible state of a building site being repaired.
> Removing the assert will only sunken the bug, which is equivalent to
> increasing the mean time until solving. This is BAD.

I agree.  That is the reason that I only commited it to alpha22-rc
and not to MAIN.  So that our release becomes more stable, and the
bug will still be visible in the development branch.

By the way:
when we upload the binaries to savannahs release website, it would
be a good time to exchange the buggy binaries with new ones that
work on more linux distribution, on more processors and have the
dirty fix for the this bug.  I have tagged a proper candidate
with the tag name "alpha22" in the alpha22-rc branch.