[glob2-devel] Todo lists, ideas, bugs, ect

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: [glob2-devel] Todo lists, ideas, bugs, ect
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 22:16:16 -0400

I haven't had time to read every email, so here are some condolences:
I've noticed that Joe, in particular, has done allot of critical
testing of Glob2. Thank you.
I've also noticed allot of bugs now being discussed, and various ideas
coming back.
Kieran has offered and done some reorganization of the wiki,
centralizing allot of our fragmented data. Thank you.
I've noticed that Lazy_R & Raoul have snuck in some translation work
that may have gone unnoticed. Thank you.
nct seems to have done some work in regards to the graphics. Code is
getting done. Thank you.

What I fear is that allot of what is being discussed is going to be
lost, and quickly to. The ideas are going to fade rapidly, because of
the lack of workforce, the project is allot of talk.

My part time job along with school have been keeping me short on time
so I haven't gotten much done on the new core map/game header classes
and the new file format.

I want to implement many of the discussed ideas, but I want to finish
the new core classes first. To attain a greater variety in features,
its essential that we have these.

That being said, I return to the fact that the ideas are going to
vanish. We need to document these! If nothing more than a copy and
paste! Kieran has been preparing some idea/todo pages and we should
commit *all* ideas there, so that they don't vanish.

I'm also planning a mass re-organization of GameGUI, Game, and Engine.
Simply moving the code arround and documenting it, but it should be
very worthwhile when doing the new features.

That being said, we just need to make sure that good ideas aren't lost.
--
Really. I'm not lieing. Bradley Arsenault.