[glob2-devel] New Todo lists for Community and Developers

From: Kieran P
Subject: [glob2-devel] New Todo lists for Community and Developers
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 20:25:44 +1200

Well, as with many, I got sick of 5-6 todo lists. So, after a few hours work, I've finally finished it. There is now only 3 sorted, and logical ones (keep in mind, I haven't update pages, just sorted them).

The first is http://globulation2.org/wiki/Community_Todo  This page list everything the community can do to help. It does not and will not include anything to do with Globulations source code, only things like sounds, images, and things with the wiki.

The next isn't a todo list technically, its more of a make this a todo list. http://globulation2.org/wiki/Wishlist   This page list everything the community wants. All ideas here are pending. If an idea is implemented it should be removed. Is its on the todo list, it should be removed. There is generally no comments with the page, just idea put down by people, which are then looked over by developers and accepted (moved to todo list (removed from wishlist)) or rejected (removed from wishlist, reason why rejected should be posted on the person talk page who submitted it).

Finally, the all important http://globulation2.org/wiki/Developer_Todo   This page list everything accepted from the wishlist or development mailing list that is to be implemented before 1.0 (that is all major, minor, and minute features), which is the version hopefully after Alpha 23 (the bug fix release up next).

So, what to do now? Developers (particularly Bradley) need to go through the Developer Todo list, remove already implemented, duplicate, or no long valid ideas. They then need to go to the wish list and sort out what ideas move to the todo list, and which are rejected (place [accepted] and [rejected]  in the headings (=== heading ===) and I'll do all the moving work for you).

Then, when Alpha 23 is out, and everything goes well (with support from you), you'll have an empty wishlist, and a full community and developer todo list. Then its as simple as choosing one, and making it, then removing it from Todo list.

Well I'm done for the day. I hope this has helped you all. I've got a few guides I'll be finishing within the next day or two hopefully, and then I'll go around making sure all pages are looking good and readable (probably remove old or incomplete translations).

Enjoy.

--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/