Re: [glob2-devel] Website spammed

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Website spammed
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 07:46:27 +1200

I did ask Kyle to upgrade the wiki. The newer it is, the safer it is. But I guess hes been busy.

(and for the record, the page isn't protected, I could do that myself with a new account :P It was simply a guy that signed up and edited the front page, nothing special, and nothing he should brag about :P Page is protected now. Only admins and superior editors can change it )

Besides, in the over 1 year we have had the wiki, not one person has done such a thing? This is the first time?

It could have been worse. All pages could be hit :P

On 4/23/07, Robert Martin <address@hidden> wrote:
On 4/22/07, Bradley Arsenault <address@hidden> wrote:
> we just had a website spamming, from "HacKeD BY UzMan - NeOSTReaM -
> Zaygo - BloodyHacker And BloodyHackerz.Com TeaM."
>
> A bunch of losers just overwritten our main page. Very impressive...
> I'm like turning over in my seat about how good hackers these guys
> are.
>
> I suppose know that we know that people are going to hack us, whether
> we are free and open source or not. I've undone the changes.
>
> Block the user called Uzman apparently did it. He should be blocked,
> and his IP address black listed.
>
> I've done a small purge to see what other pages this guy has done,
> apparently he hasn't.
>
> Perhaps we should reconsider our entirely public system. I'm all for a
> bazaar style project, but having public commits might become really
> painful as people with out of date versions overwrite new changes.
>
> --
> Really. I'm not lieing. Bradley Arsenault.

have you done any kind of hunting to see if you can do a possible
location on this [redacted]?
it does look like these folks are from the netherlands (whois on the
domain does come up with
a couple of phone numbers)
--
Robert L Martin