Re: [glob2-devel] Net Rewrite

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Net Rewrite
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:06:31 -0400

On 4/25/07, Stéphane Magnenat <address@hidden> wrote:
Bradley, you haven't sent me the password you want for mercurial.

Now that we have a distributed system, it would be could if you can use it.

Ideally you would work in a branch, pull from "master" regularly in order to
merge early, and, in general, be a bit more in the loop of online development
than before.

No I'm not sure how I'm supposed to send you a password, I never knew
I was supposed to. I haven't installed mercurial yet, i'm going to do
a cvs diff and merge back in once i have it downloaded (it takes a
long while for me).

This could be bad. I have dialup, and a cvs checkout can take in the
range of an hour for me. Having to completely pull the master to do a
merge is rather time consuming. I don't quite understand the mercurial
paradigm yet. It seems that each developer maintains his or her own
copy of the respiratory, and regularly merges it with the master. They
can also branch, then do local merges with the branch, and eventually
do a larger scale merge back into the master. Is this correct?

--
Really. I'm not lieing. Bradley Arsenault.