Re: [glob2-devel] Net Rewrite

From: Martin Voelkle
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Net Rewrite
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 06:02:41 +0000

This could be bad. I have dialup, and a cvs checkout can take in the
range of an hour for me. Having to completely pull the master to do a
merge is rather time consuming. I don't quite understand the mercurial
paradigm yet. It seems that each developer maintains his or her own
copy of the respiratory, and regularly merges it with the master. They
can also branch, then do local merges with the branch, and eventually
do a larger scale merge back into the master. Is this correct?

Don't be afraid of hg speed, it is amazingly quick compared to cvs.
You are correct about the mercurial paradigm.

Martin