Re: [glob2-devel] mercurial question: abort: push creates new remote bra

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] mercurial question: abort: push creates new remote branches!
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 12:17:28 +0200

And now running my command "cd Games/glob2 && hg pull && cd ../glob2-core &&
hg pull -r core_rewrite_2007 ../glob2 && hg update && ./configure
CXXFLAGS="-g -pg" && make && cd src/ && gdb glob2"  which worked perfectly
16 hours ago, now returns:

pulling from http://hg.globulation2.org/glob2/
searching for changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
added 1 changesets with 4 changes to 4 files (+1 heads)
(run 'hg heads' to see heads, 'hg merge' to merge)

Yes, the first pull command gets you a repository with multiple heads.

(I pull to another directory though, so thankfully don't need to worry about
merging, I hope!! )

Correct!  The _only_ reason to merge is when you want to merge.
When the "hg pull -r ..."  into that second directory asks you to
merge, you will have to use
"hg update -C" or "hg revert --all", but not "hg merge".
When the pulling into the first directory asks you to merge - ignore it.