Re: [glob2-devel] bugs in latest version

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] bugs in latest version
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 22:46:54 +1200

>players might have maps they have done themselves stored locally (in .glob2/).

Ah, I didn't think of that. ;) Yes, I suppose code to ignore, rather than crash the game, would be much better! (ultimately auto conversion would be nice, but a long task!)

>In fact, I do not see how to update maps to new format if they make glob2 crash.

You copy the landscape from a23 using a copy function brad implemented (Using the "I" key), put it into 1.0.0 (using "I" again), then manually add all buildings and units. I've done it for all maps already. Took me 40mins-1hour.

>I just want to remind that doing a rewrite is the sufficient to have the same feature-set, it is necessary to ensure a smooth transition, even if it means writing unsexy compatibility code.

Indeed, or making sure things are available like all the maps have just been. Minus the tutorial and campaign, the game is back to its original state now.

Regards,
Kieran